Sunday, June 2, 2013

Another amazing day


Last night was interesting. We ended up camping at a campground right off a main road; not very nature like. It rained sooooooo hard all night long. There were warnings about the amount of rain on the weather channel. Add that to the noise on the pop up left little room for sleep. The kids slept great, so I'm very thankful for that. We enjoyed some pancakes this morning thanks to the free sample my mom gave us. (thanks mom!!) 

Today we went back to the Niagara Falls area.
 We went to the aquarium, discovery center, IMAX movie, and then the cave of the winds. The cave of the winds was absolutely amazing. Phil and the girls went first while I hung out with Levi, then the girls came again with me. We went 18 stories down an elevator to get to a walkway where you can get very close to the falls. It's a good thing they give you a poncho, because you get wet! They also give you shoes that are slip resistant. I wish I could describe how amazing it was, here are some pics from my phone, though of course they don't do it justice.
The falls were an amazing site, it was sad to leave. Once we had spent most of the day there we decided to pack up our stuff and drive a couple hours, as we have a long drive tomorrow. 
I am looking forward to sleeping with no rain tonight! I have loved these past few days of being out of the normal routine of life. I get such a kick out of my kiddos, I love their joy for life. Kelsey literally squealed with delight at the paper towel dispenser in the campground bathroom. You had to turn this little handle to make the towel come out, and she just thought that was the coolest thing ever. So many times I'm amazed at their joy for life, and reminded how easy it is to look past little things.
Good night all, thanks for reading.

1 comment: