Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Top of the morning



Good morning from Vermont! 
Yesterday we left our campsite, which was actually very nice, and headed from west of Rochester, NY to central Vermont. The drive took awhile, Levi wanted to get out every couple hours, so we made quite a few stops. 
Phil and I introduced the girls to a chip sandwich, something we ate when we road tripped to CA many years ago. They liked it of course.

The drive was so beautiful, I can see why Vermont is the green mountain state. 
We are at a state park, and last night felt like its the first night we actually got to camp. No rain, which meant we could have a Bon fire and s'mores! 
Here is Phil getting some wood for the fire.
I am writing this a 5am, after a very cold night. The low was 40 last night, and it feels like it! We have a little heater in the camper, which Phil got working before bed. Unfortunately it didn't run again until after 3 when he got it working again. It makes a big difference though, I was surprised.
One last thought. Since I have been awake since one, I have had a lot of time to listen. The creatures of the night made all sorts of beautiful noise, and it seemed as if all at once all the night creatures went to sleep as the birds awoke, almost in a moment. It was pretty cool!  
Enjoy the day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment